Hatch Checkatrade Trophy stats:
- Staff Members – 3
- Average number of steps per person (a lot of walking/running around Wembley!) – 21,000
- Average number of flights of stairs covered – 74
- Number of visitors to the experiential area – approx. 3,500
- Attendance at Wembley – 41,000
- Sausage rolls eaten by James – 1
- Time for KFC to fulfil an order on the M1 services at 9pm on a Sunday night – 29 minutes
Just another trip to Wembley for the Hatch team….no big deal. Above is a little stat-snapshot of last weekend at Wembley for the Hatch team where comfortable footwear and regular liquid is essential.
On a serious point, last weekend saw Lincoln City and Shrewsbury Town compete in the Checkatrade Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium. We’ve worked with Checkatrade for the last two years activating their sponsorship to increase their brand awareness, drive new member enquires and use the sponsorship as a positive platform for staff engagement.
This year saw over 40,000 fans arrive at a very wet Wembley Stadium and they were welcomed by the Hatch team and our Checkatrade Challenge area – a football challenge where you had to hit a series of trade targets including a toilet, a hard hat and a cement mixer. Well done to everyone who took part and braved the rain to win a signed shirt and ball from each side.
As well as that, the team inside the stadium were responsible for the logistics of the Match Ball carrier, the Trophy Walk out and hosting staff pitchside – so if you ever need a team to show the back allies of Wembley, we know it better than anyone (although the lifts can be a little misleading!).
Overall, a very successful day to end a positive season for Checkatrade and their football activation. Bring on the 2018/19 season!